First of all your phone has to be on 5.1.1 and jailbroken at the time of this writing.
- 1. On your jailbroken iPhone, launch Cydia
- 2. Search for TetherMe, then purchase it for $5 and install it
- (I added ihacksrepo.com to the sources and installed from there.)
- 3. After TetherMe is installed, exit Cydia and go to your home screen
- 4. Open Settings/General/Network/Cellular Data Network
- This is what your settings should look like. Fill in the fields on your iPhone as follows:
- Cellular Data
- APN: att.mvno
- APN: att.mvno
- MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
- MMS Proxy: 184.108.40.206:80
- MMS Max Size: 1048576
- MMS UA Prof URL:
Note: If you get TetherMe then you don’t need to go to unlockit website as TetherMe allows you to set all the settings.
You need to uninstall that apn profile and then make sure all settings in the TetherMe app are correct.
The unlockit.co.nz profile conflicts with the TetherMe app from Cydia.
The easiest way is Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
Information available from Straight Talk http://www.straighttalksim.com/support.php
The MMS proxy can be replaced with it’s DNSname mms2.tracfone.com:80 and it will also work.
http://repo.biteyourapple.net — http://p0dulo.com — http://repo.hackyouriphone.org — http://repo.icausefx.com — http://ihacksrepo.com — http://apt.pwncenter.com — http://repo.insanelyi.com — http://cydia.xsellize.com — http://cydia.hackulo.us — http://sinfuliphonerepo.com —
copied from http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/Straight_Talk_iPhone